Privacy & GDPR Policy
Health & Safety Compliance Services Limited (“We, Us,Company,HSC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your data & privacy. This is the privacy & GDPR policy for hscomplianceservices.co.uk (“the Website”).
By using the Website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information we collect when you visit our website
When you contact HSC either via our Site, social media, by telephone, or whenever you request our Services, we collect the following personal information from you, which may include:
- Name, postal address and postcode, email address and telephone number and
- Site usage information such as your browser details, IP Address and details of your browsing experience, the unique identifier of your device, operating system, GPS location or download activities.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies) which we will add to information we already hold about you in order to help us verify your identity and improve our Services to you.
Examples of information we gather include:
- Enquiries data: when you send an enquiry to us, fill out any forms or request any Services from us, we collect that information to enable us to evaluate your requirements and to provide our Services to you.
- Correspondence: when you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence to assist us to create a file for you when appropriate and to provide us with a continuous understanding of your requirements to provide a streamlined Service to you.
- Other information: By using services like Google Analytics we also collect statistics on devices, operating systems, browser information location etc. Again, this helps us to continually improve our Service and to provide you with a more personal user experience. This is anonymous data and you cannot be personally identified by it.
How long we retain your information
Correspondence and enquiries: when you make an enquiry or contact us by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as it takes to respond to you to provide you with answers to your request, via telephone and/or email, unless you choose to become a client of the Company.
Your information will only be retained by the Company if you become a client, in which case you will be provided with additional terms to approve the Company transferring your details to the Company systems for accounting, production and marketing.
How we uses your data
The Company uses data about you in the following ways:
- To allow us to supply information on the products or services you have requested
- To allow us to provide quotations for the services you have requested
- To collect payment from you or to send you invoices if you become a client
- To use and analyse the information the Company collects so that the Company can administer, support, improve and develop the Company’s services
- To tell you about other products and services which the Company offers which may be of interest to you. The Company only does this if you have agreed to receive this type of information
- To produce statistics about the Company’s visitors for the Company’s advertisers and investors. This information is anonymous and does not identify any individuals. The Company can use these statistics to allow adverts to be targeted at certain types of customers.
How we secure your information
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information:
All communication between your browser (whether desktop or mobile) and our servers is performed through a secure connection using encryption. All the information is stored safely in our servers and available/disclosed only to HSC personnel, consultants, Service Partners, and professional advisers who need to access that information in order to enable us to provide our Services, and strictly upon entering into obligations of confidentiality in respect of your information.
Sending information on the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal data, the Company cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by such means.
Transfers of your information outside the European Economic Area
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information.
Information you submit via our contact form is stored on our server in the United Kingdom.
Information you submit to us by email is transferred outside the EEA and stored on our third party email provider’s servers.
The third party server is located in the United States of America. However our third party email provider has self certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information regarding this please see the Privacy Shield website.
The cookies that we use on this website are:
Cookies are used to collect information about how Visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about website users. For details, read the Google Analytics privacy document. Used to distinguish users.
__utmt, __utma, __utmb, __utmc
Google Analytics. Used to distinguish users.
You have rights as to your personal data:
- Your right to be informed
- Your right of access
- Your right to rectification
- Your right to erasure
- Your right to restrict processing
- Your right to data portability
- Your right to object
- Your right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to request information or action on any of these.
Where you request access to your information, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so.
These measures are designed to protect your information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, identity theft or general unauthorised access to your information.
Sale of business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Links to other websites